RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite P-47D Thunderbolt ARF .60-.91: Building & Mods
Old 02-12-2016, 08:08 AM
khoysagk
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi everyone.
I got mine about a year ago and just started it. I have to say I'm not too impressed with the quality. I only started the wings but already have some issues. The flaps were binding on both wings, so I had to cut the hinges, carefully drill them out and redo those. It also seems something wasn't put together right; when I join the wings they do not line up, they are twisted by about an inch. I can fit them together though and it shouldn't pose much of a problem. I am now working on fitting the stock retracts. I had to shim them or the struts were sticking out about 3/8 inch at the wheels. The gear doors are still not flush with the wing but are only sticking out by maybe 1/8 inch now, I can live with that.I do have a question for those that went with the stock landing gear. When I attach the gear doors I can still twist them by hand, no matter how much I tighten the screws on those "nylon humped landing gear straps" (as TF calls them). I was thinking about putting a little tape around the strut in that area or something. Anyone have a better idea please let me know.