RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are you ready to register your aircraft?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 09:58 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by franklin_m
I'm fine with what they're doing so long as they don't use a single word of what's passed, not one, to require membership. If they require membership to fly at their own fields, that's fine, I support that as it is their right in exchange for providing site insurance. However, I do not support their membership requirement to inspect large airplanes for those who fly at non-AMA fields.

As it sits, AMA requires membership to certify models >55lbs under the law. If they were to say that they'd inspect w/o requiring membership, then I'd support them. If the numbers of these models are as small as they say, it shouldn't be a big deal.

Lastly, this is round one. There's still the senate where powerful individuals oppose much of what's in this (govn't employee unions, EAA, etc.). I'll be shocked if the final law that goes to the President looks anything like this
Mr Franky Finally we agree.... If Amendment was such a GOD SEND for our hobby and now we have a NEW GOD SEND because the first one wasn't good enough Now we have the New and Improved Larger Family size with LESS sugar and more Protein and Vitamin BS added. What makes anyone think then Ounce passed all is forgotten and the BIG BOYS refuse to share THEIR NAS. WE ARE FK'D