RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are you ready to register your aircraft?
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2016, 07:38 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by porcia83
So no comments on the news from the AMA, just a desire for more info on a strategy that has already been employed, and appears to have been successful. So for the 10th time, have you reached out to your new district VP to ask for more details? Wasn't this the guy that was going to do great things for the district, take it in a different way than the prior "no-drone" guy did? What's going on with him, is he not up to speed on what's going on? Does he not know, or is he just not telling?

So far it looks like you and Franklin are clamoring for all these details.......others seem to be happy with the results so far. No big outrage, no more letter campaigns (those died off very quickly), no more change.org protests (dropped off your sig line quickly too)...and of course, nobody stepping up to compete against the AMA. Wonder why that is? Well, we kinda know why that is.....

Oh I know, this is only round one, much much worse is coming. I'll believe it when I see it. Til then I'll just read about all the things that might go wrong, and how horrible the hobby will be because of the AMA.
There's a few points on which I'm confident:
- Near misses with manned aircraft and passenger carrying airliners will not abate
- AMA will continue with the "we're harmless old guys" defense & will not have quantitative mishap data of their own
- FAA/DOT/DHS will be under enormous pressure from the public, legislators, and media to act
- And it won't matter what this or any special rule says, the FAA/DOT will find some legal way to enforce additional restrictions