RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA Reauthorization 2016 AIRR - 2016
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 08:12 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Well, in the last two years, we've seen the VP of an AMA sanctioned club killed, non-participating spectators diving for their safety at an AMA sanctioned event, and an individual sent to the hospital with burns as a result of a crash. So explain again how the safety record is "impeccable" despite these incidents?

As for settlements, fees, etc. Whatever insurance doesn't pay comes out of the organization. At least based on the IRS 990s, the AMA isn't sitting on a pile of cash, so I wonder how much land in Muncie is worth these days?
Soooo....One dead, one burned. In two years. You are a data guy, one fatality, one injury in HOW MANY tens of thousands of flight hours? OR, maybe it would be best to quantify it by total hours spent at flying fields (hours exposed to potential danger, since you included innocent bystanders in your examples). So let's see.......180,000 members at....let's say...100 hrs. avg. time spent at the field per year (TOTALLY pulled that figure from my southern posterior!) times 2 years....equals .....36,000,000 hrs.

ONE fatality, one burn in 36 MILLION exposure/hrs.!!!!!!!!!

I would call that impeccable.

Regards,

Astro