RCU Forums - View Single Post - O.S. LA 46 RC to CL
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 11:05 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Liner first welcome to the forum. First I can only speculate that you are a returnee to controlline or perhaps new to the wonderful world of controlline, please forgive me if I am wrong.

Actually since the advent of 2.4 RC systems controlline has received a substancial "Boost". By that I mean we can now operate controllines airplanes with very simple throttle systems and even more. Yes this means using a throttled RC engine and a tiny flight pack. This with no fear of interfering with RC flyers if you would like to operate at or near your local RC field.

Having a throttled RC engines will in addition of enabling you to do unlimited touch and goes with just the same two light lines you always used. Something virtually all controlline flyers have fantasized since the beginning.

Will the additional weight of the very simple mods reduce performance. But of couse it will "But" the reduction in performance is negligible and almost not even noticible to us mear mortal sport pilots. Also note there is substancial improvement in performance over traditional multi wire/handel systems for throttle or even over more recent heavy insulated Over-the-wire two wire systems.

I fly only throttled engines for contolline these days and certainly would never go back to guessing when the engine was about to quit among other things. This also makes it far easier for folks I have mentored getting into controlline.

There is no rush to convert over to a venturi either Just to start learning. Agine I recommend to start from the beginning using a throttled engine even if you simply rubber band them open to start with. If you are interested I can post some very simple way to do this that last many flghts, cheap and easy.

John

Last edited by JohnBuckner; 02-22-2016 at 11:18 AM.