RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite Cessna 182 ARF
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 12:57 PM
alfawaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by elmshoot
AW,
It looks like you have a gasser no idea why you are using a breakin prop that is a higher load that the one that you plan to use. Not familiar with that engine other than a 20CC Gas engine so that is a 1.20 Cid and the props you propose to use seem to be too much load for that engine.
Do you have some one advising you or are you getting this off the internet?
I would think a 15x6 might be suitable to start with. I'm pretty sure the 17" will not clear the ground.
So once you put a sanity check on which prop you want to use then figure out if it will fit the spinner if it won't then you will need some files and a high point prop balancer and away you go.
Sparky

Hey Sparky thank you for the input.
I am getting my information from previous experience with gassers and from the manuals of the engines.
Usually you break-in the engine by using a prop with lighter load but higher pitch. What this does is increase rpm to max while using a small diameter for the engine. And here where the 14x10 comes in play. And then the manual of the dle 20 suggest a range for up to 17x6. I thought I would just go with it to get best performance out of the engine, however if you think it will not clear the ground then I shall check with the plane today once I get home. And thank you for the advise with the spinner I will see what I will do about it.