RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are you ready to register your aircraft?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 09:40 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HoundDog

A week or two I spoke with a couple of R/C Jet flyers from Australia and We got talking about the differences between R/C in Australia. They stated that for $100/year (Australian) about $75 US they get $20 Million of Primary Insurance thru Lloyd's of London.
What say U Rob2160:

Originally Posted by Rob2160
Yeah, that is right HD, $100 will get you $20 Million coverage.

http://www.maaa.asn.au/images/pdfs/i...-Insurance.pdf

Club membership fees are extra, $150 - $250 typical depending on the club.
I belong to 2 clubs in AZ one is just $20 US the other is $100 / yr. and I only get to fly here 6 months, and most of my flying is instruction. In Wisconsin I belong to 3 clubs was 4 but anyway one is $20/yr 6 months because of winter like all up north ... Another is $75 and the third is $135/yr plus I paid $1400 for my share and the shares vary, anywhere from $900 to $3000 all depending how bad the guy or somes guys widow's wants to stop paying the dues while she tries to sell the share. ... Then I pay another $166/yr for an extra Million US on my home owners. Just in case the AMA renigs. It's only Money & if I don't spend it My daughter will.

Then there's all your stuff. Yesterday we had 4 picnic tables filled with stupp (NEW) from a member who died and the club was asked by the family to come over and collect it up and sell it. Face Value New condition stuff worth at a conservative estimate 10 to 12 grand and that didn't count any Planes. His garage and storage shed looked like a well stocked Hobby shop. Then we found out he's got a storage locker some place too. The guy doing it has trouble getting 10 cents on the dollar for the Glow engines. The NIB Gas motors gets about 1/2 to 1/3 of new price if they are NIB.

Just think Some day Your (Young-er) buddies will be selling off all your junk for your widow or kids. Man it's gona take My kids a week to get it all out of the Basement Spare room Dining Room and the Garage. That don't count the stuff i have here in AJ AZ.
U all know the saying "He who dies withe the most toys wins ... But he still don't know he won".