RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System
Old 02-24-2016, 10:40 AM
WILDCRASHWILLY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pappy35
I was done waiting 2 years ago. This was the #1 reason I switched to JR (then). I recently bought a Futaba 18SZ and Hitec wasn't even on the radar for the same reason. The Aurora was (is) a great radio but without more channels it's a stagnant product.
Same here Pappy,
I like to build and want to get into more scale planes. I've been holding out for a 12 channel offering but it looks like I need to go to a different brand as well to get what I want. I was considering a Graupner MZ24 however, when I realized it only used a battery in TX that's 3.3 volts, it scared me off. The milli amps are good but I feel you still need pressure to push them out of the battery and through the system at a decent rate. I prefer 9.6 volts but the voltage in the 7 volt range seems to be adequate on many radios today. That low voltage reminds me of an old tractor we used to have that would barely start on 6 volt but when we converted to the 12 volt system was a completely different system. We also converted a Model A that my father in law has which made a big difference. If Hitec doesn't come out with a 12 channel this year, I may go to brand F. I have one of the brand Fs now and although I thought it was a step backward from the hitec, I'm not completely dissatisfied with it and feel I can live with it. Maybe a 14sg or something like that.