RCU Forums - View Single Post - Proposal - AMA discount for Active Duty E6 & below
Old 02-24-2016, 07:35 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by franklin_m
That's fine, but you have to at least admit that not all of us have been graced with the wonderful experience you've had, nor seem to be surrounding by perfect examples that fit neatly into the AMA model as you have. Are there unicorns up there too?
I guess we live in alternative realities...you seem to have horrible luck at fields and events with all kinds of unsafe and unsavory characters doing all kinds of unsafe and horrible things. Is that why you don't fly at fields or belong to clubs now, or are there other reasons?. Given you disdain for youths and hyper-focused attention to safety, and constant AMA bashing I'm beginning to wonder. A pattern emerges.

As I said, I'm extremely lucky to fly with those three kids I referenced, who are now young men, but I'm not the only one by any stretch. They belong to multiple clubs. But hey, toss those examples aside. The average kid at a field isn't the one that you have described. You should visit more clubs and see for yourself. In all of these threads I've yet to see your example repeated by anyone else. I'd hold my example of a kid enjoying the hobby and being happy to fly whatever is is flying rather than some overindulged spoiled rich brat. There seems to be an odd tinge of bitterness associated with your characterization.

Oh, and here's another "youngster" that's been flying at our field for the last 5 years. Was at the forefront of MR design, programming, and fabrication. Scratch built amazing scale replicas of civilian aviation aircraft from paper mache and pink core foam, designed and bagged his own DLG and oh, in his spare time built this:

http://flitetest.com/articles/northr...b-design-build

A one of a kind build, done while a student at Purdue. Wanna guess where he maidened it? Ya, our field. I remember the day vividly, when he arrived every unicorn sat down to watch him do his thing. When he was done they all got up and pooped out rainbows to show their appreciation.

Guess we just keep getting lucky with folks like this...pure luck, over and over. If you ever make it up this way, and still have an AMA card of course.....you can be my special guest, perhaps some good luck will rub off?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Maglio6_r900x493.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	2149263