RCU Forums - View Single Post - Homeowners Insurance and Protecting your investments RC Jets
Old 02-25-2016, 03:28 AM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

YES! This was my saga back in 2003, and my entire RC collection along with tools, equipment, etc. were stolen.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...ome-found.html

At the time I was with Nationwide and they were excellent. I had started a claim; and provided pictures, website pages, RCU classified ads, receipts, etc. as proof and the basis for replacement cost of all the items. The claim was approx. $19K before I got the call from the police, but dropped to $10K after the recovery of some of the planes. They never gave me a minute of grief over the claim, but I think because I provided them with so much documentation showing prices/costs, they just paid.

My experience may or may not be typical and might be dependent on the company involved. I say this because a buddy of mine just text me the other day asking about this particular incident because his stuff just got stolen from a trailer at his house and they do not want pay/cover because the contents were not used for the house or some nonsense like that. He never told me the company, and never heard back from him.