RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig 1/5 scale piper cub
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 09:58 PM
52larry52
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bikerbc, Hope you're doing well out there in "God's country". Re the Hanger-9 carbon Cub main gear on a 1/5th scale Cub, it looks doable to me. In addition to the $30 main gear you will also need to buy the $21 "hardware pack" to get the pivot mounts for attaching the upper part of the main gear to the fuselage. Each of the mount brackets are separate parts, not attached to each other so fuselage width is not an issue. The H-9 carbon Cub is a 90" wingspan model (about a 21.3% model) so it's a little bigger than a true 1/5th scale (84.6" wing span). Most 1/5 scale ARFs are just a little smaller than true 1/5th scale (80"-83") but I think the H-9 carbon Cub gear would still look "right" on them. I am tempted to buy (pre-order) one of those H-9 Carbon Cubs, not just parts, I want the whole airplane! Boy it looks nice. The problem is my wife, I just bought a same size Phoenix Super Cub and she "will have a cow" if I buy another Cub! I bought her a new car last week and dinner tonight so maybe I can sneak another Cub into the hanger and still be alive . OK, truth be told, "the new car I bought her" is also to tow the new airplane trailer I bought for myself two weeks ago, so you can see I may be on thin ice. The best to you.

Last edited by 52larry52; 02-26-2016 at 10:04 PM.