RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System
Old 02-28-2016, 07:36 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WILDCRASHWILLY
I suppose you're correct hound dog. Just a perception thing for me. I know the TX is different but, when I first got my A9 I experienced the horror of a rx brown out when it dropped to 3 volt. The folks at Hitec told me to not use any 4.8 volt batteries. Of course now I use A123s on everything. I guess I just feel more comfortable with the higher voltage reserve since voltage is essentially pressure. Reminds me of my waterhose on my well system. I can tell when my pressure is dropping by the performance of my water flow. But when my well pump kicks on and the pressure comes up my water flow improves dramatically. I know that's not the best anology to use but, that's what I think of when I hear a manufacturer is running the low voltage. It just gives me the PERCEPTION that they are running the minimum with no reserve or they are trying to save production cost by running a minimal battey. Xpress, I too gang batteries on my aerobatic planes but I'm wanting to get in to some scale things that might use additional different channels. Thank you both for your responses.
Using a higher voltage or more capacity is Like Putting Up a water tower and let your Pump fill it never have pressure problems again. I run 2 cell LIFE 2500's 4 each in my big gas war birds 2 through a bat share one on the Ignition and f I go from air to electric retracts I'll add another LIFE for them. A good battery set up is worth it's weight in gold and cheap compared to a GS P-47 or a $10 grand Jet. A Couple hundred dollars of GOOD batteries is real cheap insurance. Wouldn't U say.