RCU Forums - View Single Post - DerJet F-35A
Thread: DerJet F-35A
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 08:29 PM
Len
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,
I flew flights #2 & 3 on Sunday last and this bird flies so well that I turned off the roll axis gyro with zero effect! The airframe is solid and it passed 160 mph without incident. It lands as well as it flies and I was landing without using the flaperons etc. in about 300 feet. Of course I am at sea level so your performance may vary!!! There is no thrust induced pitch nor is there the usual F-35 roll issue with the forward main doors in transition state or even while having the gear down. It flies so well that it could be a jet trainer, well almost anyway...

BTW the brake system is superb, using 3 pads in each wheel and a unique system of actuation! This plane brakes straight on every application right off the bench. I LOVE THIS PLANE in case you couldn't tell. While there have been some issues, as all first run airplanes do, the Der Jet factory has been absolutely AWESOME in their attention and modifications. I cannot applaud the Der Jet company enough. Thanks to Jack Su, Diya, and Dave Wilshire for their unending help along the way!

I will report more as the flights continue and the testing phase enters new areas.
Aloha,
Len