RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jett Muffler insides
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 08:14 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by airraptor
Earl the have a gold muffler for high rpm as I stated. the blue evo muffler is about 500 rpm less than the red mufflers. qwk measure the hole in the crank as that can limit the size of carb. so if the crank hole is .400 then a carb bigger than doesnt help. all of the Jett mufflers will load up on the midrange on most engines i have seen. just something we have to live with. Jett mufflers are for boring holes lol I have used them on some fun fly planes and work well just have to run to full power for a couple of seconds to clear engine. Something else on engines with enough clearance I like to run the four stroke plugs as it has helped on some engines.
My S90 is awaiting breaking in a new ring, so I'll check the crankshaft channel size. Some guys have used the 10 or 11mm ASP 1.08 or OS 7D carb and picked up 1,000rpm with it. Stock carb is 9mm I think with the thin spraybar. I have a jig for boring the crankshaft, so if it needs more volume, it can easily be fixed. I just did a Picco .28 crank - went from 9.5mm to 10.2mm. Those are some hard crankshafts in those little boogers.