RCU Forums - View Single Post - Biplane Wing Incidence - Well kept F3A secret or nobody knows for sure.
Old 03-05-2016, 05:43 AM
Henning

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I am currently building an Ascent Bip from Naruke Hobby. This is basically the same plane Onda used as his A model at the WC 2015 just with the old name Acuracy. I bought a kit for the GP version and have converted it into electric with a hatch at the top as on the Oxai EP version.

I am almost new to biplanes. Had a Miss Wind 50 from Sebart some years back but never measured the incidents on that plane.

When building kits I am so lucky that I have a full size drawing with the planes datum line and incidence for motor, stab and wings. What I am trying to figure out is how the plane will present in the air. If I misunderstand the concept my colour scheme can look like the plane is either flying with the tail low or too high.

The motor trust and the low wing are inline with the fuse datum line. So with this two as 0 degree the top wing will be -1 degree and the stab +0,5 degree. I assume both wings will have to fly with positive angle of attack so the bottom wing will be more then +1 and the top wing will be more than 0 degrees?

Input is appreciated.

I will upload some pictures.

Br,
Henning
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0027.JPG
Views:	1183
Size:	2.13 MB
ID:	2150934   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0029.JPG
Views:	1085
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	2150935   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0030.JPG
Views:	730
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	2150936  

Last edited by Henning; 03-06-2016 at 06:09 AM.