RCU Forums - View Single Post - DerJet F-35A
Thread: DerJet F-35A
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 06:19 AM
Len
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Tom,
The F-35A weighs about 27.4 Lbs. with a Kingtech 120. It has OODLES of power and will fly nicely on any 100 out there. They 120 was a bit of a shoehorn to fit into the plane, but it did fit. The F-35A has several electronic goodies like a Xicoy Gear Sequencer (Gear PSI via telemetry), Xicoy FC-1 flight computer, Futaba GPS, Airpower AB LED rings (2 concentric), and Xicoy air valves. I use Futaba radio gear and this plane flies on S-Bus with a redundant buss running down each side of the plane, giving me some measure of on board safety.

The Der Jet F-35A flies superbly and lands even better! All F-35's have a bit of an issue with taking off though, assuming they are scale, as the main gear is very far aft of the CG so significant speed is required to rotate. My Jet Legend F-35 at home in Canada is like that a bit too but it's been 'fudged' a bit by JL for easier rotation. The JL unit needs a roll gyro at all times when the gear are extended. I haven't turned off the gyro (same brand and model of gyro BTW) in the Der Jet model yet as I'm just not at that stage in testing. Flight #4 should be today as the weather is looking great! However; I can't 'feel' the roll gyro at all in the Der Jet model and as such I think the gyro is not really necessary, but I will reserve judgement of that until I turn it off in flight.

Larry has full flight video but I have no clue how to post it here, so maybe Duke will do that at some point. I build computers but I can't use 'em! I must add that Der Jet is leaps and bounds ahead of all the other Asian manufacturers of whom we have all become so wary! Der Jet actually LISTENS and responds both factually and promptly to all my concerns!!! Their support has been absolutely fabulous. They have built a great model here and with a few tweaks it will be a top seller in my less than humble opinion. I have to return to Canada in a few weeks and so I will be standing down and Dave Wilshire will be testing his F-35A soon, as his weather is getting better in England. Dave is writing the manual too I believe and he has been an endless source of great information during the build out!

Tom if you have any other questions please feel free to ask away...
Aloha,
Len