RCU Forums - View Single Post - If you want to fly act now
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 07:25 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
If I am flying my jet, obviously LOS, am I not as the pilot capable of "sense and avoid", especially if a fellow pilot is acting as spotter?
I find it hard to believe that Amazon would be able to effectively 'own' or 'define' the airspace....Google perhaps since they have more money than most countries.

The AMA is still living with the dream that getting all the FPV/Multirotor "pilots" to join AMA will "increase their numbers" ... translated "increase advertising revenue".
The fatal flaw was getting into bed with a bunch of "pilots" who have no association or appreciation for the AMA and what has come before them.

I still have a hard time envisioning waking up one morning and finding out that I can no longer fly anywhere in the USA.
I will likely have to take a test, send $100 to some government agency and continue flying at my local club/field.
Whether or not the AMA is still relevant in that scenario remains to be seen.
Many folks have a hard time envisioning the same thing, in part because it's never going to happen. Notwithstanding the constant drone of the "end is near" crowd. Bolstered by a simple registration, they march forward thinking it's just the beginning of the end. And all because of a few multi-rotors.
80 years of relevance isn't going to disappear anytime soon. What affect they can have going up against the titans of industry certainly remains to be seen, but I'm confident they will continue to advocate for us. Who else will, haven't seen anyone else stepping up to the plate.