RCU Forums - View Single Post - If you want to fly act now
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 01:29 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scottrc
The bill is in final committee, after that, its through the final vote on the Senate and House floor and then off to the Wizard for his blessing. I have yet to get any emails, letters, or calls from the AMA asking for my help. When I was a member of NAR, they and Tripoli had their members calling and writing minutes after the Senate announced model rocketeers would have to conform to BATF rules for handling explosives. They got Senetor Mike Enzie lobbying on the floor of the Senate and to the press on behalf of the rocket hobby and sport rocketry, and it worked. The Senate backed off. All hear from the AMA is lip service. I'm frustrated, angry, and depressed at the thought of such a crazy situation this has become.
If you haven't heard anything from the AMA, how are you then able to say all you are hearing from them is lip service. What have YOU done since you've been aware of this, who have you reached out to and what have been your suggestions. Local AMA AVP's, National members, politicians?