RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tony Nijhuis Vulcan bomber
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 08:26 AM
viggkri
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been some time since my last update, she is ready for maiden, the Jetcat p80se wouldent fit, so change of plans, i have fitted a VT-80, plenty of room for that one, all wireing, lights, programming and gyro is fitted, the model will balance with no ballast, when i have all four batteries in the nose. I have 2,5 liters of fuel, so flight time around 8 min should be ok.

Some final comments:

The full kit from Nijhuis is very well cut, and with good quality ply, lite-ply and balsa. The kit builds fast and easy into a nice semi-scale model, but a lot of attention to keep everything straight is requiered. Plan all installation of wires and equipment, there is plenty of room for it, as always, keep the weight down in the tail-end.

Unilight: I have 3 nav-lights, 2 beacons, 1 anti-collision and 2 fold out landinglights, the installation in the model is easy, the lights are all somewhat small, but very very bright, the instructions says you shouldent look straight at them, and belive me, you shouldent…………The programming of the controller with usb-cable is easy too understand, and the set-up in the radio is also easy. I have worked with different manufactors of lighting systems, and Unilight is my number 1 now.

Looking forward too some nice weather with low winds for her maiden flight, will give flight report and hopefully some video.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0685.JPG
Views:	262
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	2154142