RCU Forums - View Single Post - What 1st glider back after 20+ years
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 10:42 AM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm a bit hesitant to go shopping here for your needs since as you pointed out products that are priced well here might be way over the top where you are. The Radian being an example.

You've also hit on why I'm not a big fan of the currently popular molded foam models. I'd likely end up suggesting a balsa model that is similar to a Gentle Lady for your needs over a foam option. But again not knowing what product lines are less costly in your part of the world there's not much point in searching.

Instead check around for yourself and find a few that look good price wise and post them.

I wouldn't worry about the fuselage being too skinny to use your 2200mah 3S packs. For just getting back into the swing of things you can always look at an external under wing mount or similar if there is simply no way to fit them inside. Or possibly cutting a clearance hole and adding an external fairing would not be out of the question.

And if you're keen on using these larger size packs then sticking with an honest size 2m wing span is going to affect the flying less from the added bulk and weight.