RCU Forums - View Single Post - Will the Futaba 9CAP accept the old 5U and 7U series frequency modules?
Old 05-06-2002, 07:28 PM
Dave McDonald
My Feedback: (19)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 8UAF and 8UAP beeps with AM module

AnneMarie,
I just did some further testing with my FP-TP-AM module in my 8UAF, 8UAP, and Super 7UAF transmitters. This FP-TP-AM module doesn't have a gold sticker on it, so I'm guessing that it fell off years ago. But it came with a 5UA transmitter, and I don't believe that the 5UA transmitters were ever produced as wide band. Is this correct? Or do I possibly have a wide band FP-TP-AM module without knowing it?

On the Super 7UAF with the AM module, it doesn't make any beeping noises when the sticks are moved. But by moving the sticks, I can get the "RF" indicator bar (2nd from left) to blank out by moving any one or all of the sticks into various positions.

On both the 8UAF and 8UAP (non-super) with the AM module, by moving any one or all the sticks into various positions, I can get the "RF" indicator bar (2nd from left) to blank out. But on the 8UAF and 8UAP, whenever the RF indicator bar goes out, the transmitter beeps indicating the RF is no longer being detected, even though the RF signal is actually still being transmitted. With the sticks in continuous motion, the beep-beep-beeping is continuous.

I also discovered that changing the position of one channel's stick, knob, or switch has an effect on the beeping point of the other controls. Sort of like if the entire pulse code reaches a certain length of time, it causes the the RF indicator to blank out, and then activate the warning beeper.

Don't get the idea that I'm complaining about the compatibility of my AM module with my 7UAF, 8UAF, and 8UAP transmitters, because I'm not! In fact, I'm currently using my 7UAF with the AM module to fly my combat planes, and also my Flying Pizza Box. I just find it interesting that my AM module is causing these beeping noises in my 8UAF and 8UAP, but not in my 7UAF.