RCU Forums - View Single Post - Incompatibility with CAT air trap and Kingtech/Jetcat engines?
Old 03-31-2016, 04:35 PM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to share my recent experience. I was at Redflag with my hawk. I had just installed a fresh 210g. I had about 6 flights on it up til then. Again I have been flying my 180g in this new hawk for at least 30+ with no issues. It flamed out 2 times before at Redflag before I figured out the problem.

The fuel system was exactly the same as my first one. I am using the same size CAT as the first one.

I found the CAT half full on the second flame out. Both flame out were 3/4 way thru the flight. Once I saw that I knew what the problem could be.

I pull the tank out (5Liter single). I did a simple test. I marked the tank and used my fueling tank pump to pull out about 2" inchs of fuel. It took a little over a minute.

Pull the clunk out. The fiber cover was clean but I replaced it with GBR large clunk. I also changed the vent inside the tank becuase it may had been restricted my kinks in the bending to the top.

Once completely back together I perform the same test. It took lest than 45 seconds to pull the same amount that took over a minute before.

Now after a full 6 1/2 minute flight my airtrap has only a very small air bubble and that came from the fueling.

Another thing I discovered is this K210g is using a lot more fuel. I don't have no where near as much left in the tank after a flight as the first one I had.

I guess that would also explain the big difference in power. The new one seem to have a lot more power than my serial #11

Kinda of caught me off guard also at first and I thought like everyone else would have that it was too small or restrictive air trap but if you look really hard you can find the real reason. Love my CAT and my Kingtech.