RCU Forums - View Single Post - Incompatibility with CAT air trap and Kingtech/Jetcat engines?
Old 04-01-2016, 03:05 AM
WimB
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fuel setup in one of the things that I pay a lot of attention to when building a model, because to me, it is the single most important cause of flameouts if not setup correctely. on my Scorpion and Tomcat, other than the pickups in the tanks, there is not a single lenght of tygon used. 6MM festo on all feed lines up to the pump, and 4mm from there to the turbine, with a Jetcat filter between the pump and engine. Have not had a single flameout, other than the one discribed below (filter issue)

One thing on the jetcat filters, or any other filter for that matter: I had one single flameout on a P100, and as far as I can determine, it was due to the filter being mounted flat. the run before the flight had been a ground test with only a little fuel in the tanks, and the engine flamed out because of fuel starvation. I fueled up for the flight, but I forgot to purge the filter.... as the filter was mounted flat, air had accumulated in it, and eventually reached the engine. to prevent this, always mount your filters with the out-side facing up.

And again, FILTER your fuel before it goes in...... Felt clunk in my fuelling station, automotive paper pleat filter before the filler pump, another Jetcat filter in the fill line....

I have two CAT traps in my Tomcat, and I'm sure my next plane will have one too. absolutely love them! even thinking of retrofitting the Scorpion with one.....

One question to Marc: would it be possible to have festo connections on the trap instead of barbs? ( for 6MM Festo all round?)

Wim