RCU Forums - View Single Post - Engine Syncronizers which is better D&L "Twinsync" or OSA " MicroSync"
Old 04-04-2016, 01:26 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Heliman4213
These are not needed at all. All they will do is cause problems. I have been flying twins for 39 years and have never used a Sync device. As long as they are close its not an issue. Go to my You-Tube location. Heli4213 Look at my Giant twin I slander. These gas engines are about 400 rpm apart that's just where they run great. There is no need in the world to try to get them right on. I fly real twins and they are always off a tiny bit to. Dont waste your money or time not necessary.
Bob
Bob,
Thanks for your response I thought I'd never get someone to chime in. Like I said in the OP I have tuned a few twins and have had good success with them. I am meticulous about the throttle geometry as that's what makes or breaks you to keep them closely matched through the whole throttle curve. Then tune each engine for reliable performance not trying to lean ever last rpm out of them. I can usually get them about 200 to 300 rpms apart at least. In doing research for the F7 I thought I would look into a Synchronize unit . I found out the one I'm buying has a sync unit in it so I am saving $ but I wont know the brand till I pick up the plane this Thursday.

A large part of me agrees with you that I am introducing another failure point in an already complex model. Any other opinions welcome. It will be a few weeks to sort through everything in the F7 so don't be afraid to jump in.

KISS is a beautiful thing

Pete