RCU Forums - View Single Post - C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 11:37 AM
Jame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely sounds more like a rearward CG for it snap out of the Split S and on Landing, I have test flown one that was very nose heavy and the only issue with it was the dreaded bounce on landing. I had mine at 240mm with the gear up with about 0.5" of fuel in the main tank and it was lovely to fly and land. It snapped on me once as I had pulled all of the speed out of it during a spiral (Ali A10) landing. Like Dave says, the CG shouldn't be massively affected by the Nose Leg retracting, I balanced mine with the gear up just to be sure as I knew I was going another 5mm back from the recommended and didn't want to find it was the last straw.

I think the Crow aspect comes from the Classic Flash, 6mm of Crow for me aided the nose high approach needed to slow it down, the Ultra is a different kettle of fish I found, requires more holding off than dragging in nose high. Just make sure you get off the throttle long before you think you should and it'll just glide on, CG at 235mm will slow down to a rediculously slow pace before touching down if you want it to.