RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Clubs not renewing AMA Charter
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 12:57 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Granpooba
The remark was made by the clubs Secretary. For the life of me, I do not know where or how he obtained this information. But, the AMA District Rep did not respond nor make a remark in regards to this subject. Perhaps it came as much as a surprise to him as it did to other club members. Our Secretary held up the clubs certificate to show that we were still an AMA Chartered Club.

On another note, some members did state that their models were on their Home Owners Insurance Policy and that AMA insurance was secondary.

Do not often admit this but I left the meeting in somewhat of a fog. " LOL " Wondering what is actually going on with the AMA and other clubs across our country.
Thank You for the response Granpooba .

I believe we old relics who love airplanes are being replaced by folks more enthralled with the new technology than with the flying itself . The AMA sees drone/FPV as being it's financial future and us "traditional fixed wing" and "traditional helicopter" RC flyers as being something for the hobby to evolve away from in the rush to cash in on the so called "drone revolution" .

Originally Posted by da Rock
Got it........... from the AMA website
And there appear to be over 2500 chartered clubs. Wonder how many are usually late paying their renewal? Wonder how long they have to do so?
Thank You da Rock , I appreciate the info . I will say that 400 out of only 2500 is a fairly alarming number , if those 400 never renewed and were gone for good that would be a serious blow to our collective "voice" in any of this future FAA business . Hopefully it IS only procrastination on their part but again like you say this brings the question of how long of a grace period do these clubs have to pay before the charter ends for good ?

Last edited by init4fun; 04-10-2016 at 01:01 PM.