RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Helion Dominus 10SC Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 07:21 AM
HelionOverkill420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,

I need help picking a pinion. I do not care about speed or acceleration. I just want the best efficient non heating ratio. My goal is to run under 150 degrees.

I have a Dominus 10SC Here are the upgrades:

1/10 castle sidewinder 3 esc and 4600KV motor 50spur 19pinion
(ESC melted so i replaced whole system with 1/8 2200KV castle creations motor and 1/8 ESC 2-6s compatible.)
Thicker oil in shocks. 40w
Thicker grease in differential (Brand:Lucas)
Traxxas 2075 Servo (want to get Savox) Did not know any brands at the time
2s 5800mah Lipo is secondary battery
3s 5000Mah Lipo is primary battery
The car has been taking this motor like a champ...Even though i hear this is a POS lol

Tire 3.75in diamter
35/10 differential spur/Pinion (stock)
50/19 spur/pinion (Stock Spur with 5mm castle creations 19tooth pinion) 32pitch
Weight about 6.5lbs

Let me know if you need any other information and everyones help is appreciated.

PS i got the 1/8 motor and ESC to try to prevent heat and also because my son wants huge tires in the future.

History:
I bought this for my son as his first RC. He is 8 years old. I was impressed with it out of the box but wanted speed so we put some money into the good stuff.(motor and ESC) i figured lets see what this 200$ rc can take until it breaks. I only stripped one spur due to me setting it too tight. Other than that traction is a huge issue obviously but with the Castle link you can lower the power. So please let me know what you guys think that have been in the game for a while. I only have real car mechanic experience.