RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito FG-60R3
Thread: Saito FG-60R3
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 08:16 AM
marksp
My Feedback: (9)

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by cathurga
... THis engine was supposed to have received the upgraded inlet and bushing scenario, but since I bought mine from rcjapan, I don't know whether I got these or not. Are all the failures happening on the new and the old version, or is it just one of the two?

Regards to all,
Andy
FWIW, As mentioned earlier, after engineering the fixes (inlet manifold re-design, Conrod bushing/polishing, etc.) for the FG-84R3 and FG-33R3, Ray licensed the design to Saito. Saito elected to leave 84 & 33 as is, but did in fact incorporate into the FG-60R3. Unfortunately, as implemented, the manifold on FG-60R3 is too large by volume, per Ray.

He offers a mod which corrects (reduces) this and modifies the carb to match. Again, I'm not asserting that this is the issue contributing to the failures and I'm certainly no thermal/hydro/mech engineer, and I'm not promoting anyone throw more $$$ after already buying a premium engine. Having said that, both my FG-33R3 & FG-60R3 w/RE mods seem to run fine. Morgan Cool Power mixed 15:1, 1 oz /Seafoam/gal, non-ethanol. RCExcl plugs.

Lastly, I may be wrong, but I don't think there have been any running changes on any of the FG radials, so they should all be the same irrespective of when or what channel purchased from.

Your mileage may vary....

Cheers

Last edited by marksp; 04-11-2016 at 08:25 AM.