RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 02:54 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My opinion:
Stan the servo protection isn't really that big of deal.. how many failures have we had that popped the polyfuse?..

The difference is in the antenna setup.. We went down this road a few years ago.. dual path vs default/clone. The 14 is just fine with the DSM10, as long as it isn't a big jet.. you are limited to burst 20 amps, 10 nominal.. just use multiplex plug directly into the 14.. Use good power wire

As far as dual path, vs clone, we have done both and I feel a lot better having my primary receiver talking to both transmitter modules, so I prefer default. Then you set up the 7 as a clone. set up the satellite port to monitor PPM.. I use signal weak to monitor it, so it tickles me if the clone receiver isn't outputting. it works fine.

However if you run dual path, it will also work fine..matter of preference..

That being said, over time, we have almost all switched the bigger and more complex jets to CB200/R3 setup because of the high speed redundancy..

I know Jim still has an R14/R5 setup that still works great in his reaction.

IF you are going to ever buddy box with another Jeti you have to run a default/R14/18 setup by the way..

So.. my answer is: It depends on the size, current, complexity, and composition.. and you can stack telemetry with the expanders.. I have had 6 things total plugged into one port so far

Last edited by gooseF22; 04-11-2016 at 02:57 PM.