RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 04-13-2016, 05:52 PM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
You are suffering from a common false assumption, true they have to report to the president but he cannot dictate their actions. He's like a Bishop in certain Protestant church denominations, he has all of the authority but none of the power to exercise his will. The civil service system as prescribed by an act of Congress prevents the president or any other elect official or presidential appointee from firing or disciplining federal employees, They can make recommendations for action thru the OPM but that's it. That's why Obama had to go to Congress to get authority to fire VA management who covered up the excessive waits by Vets to see a doctor, he can't touch them like the FAA people. Congress in spite of their claim to support our Vets has failed to take action. Pretty much it takes a felony conviction to fire a Federal employee and even then sometimes they can keep their pensions. Don't like it? Blame that bunch controlling Congress they are the only ones with any power to change it and they haven't done it yet. Just like they won't reign in special interests and lobbyists, it might affect their employment options when they leave office. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to change anytime soon either.
thanks flyer let me add.

Well now A subject that gets me fired up! CONGRESS Good old do nothing but sit on their a__ congress. the system is broken gentlemen and you and I need to get off our rusty dusties and do something about it.

The president is blamed for a lot of things when in reality he doesn't have the power to do what we would like to see happen. but what get's me mad when he tries our congress says negative things and offers no alternatives Remember it was said That they will do everyting in there power to make this president fail...........and they couldn't do that either. If they achieved their goal all that wouldl result is the people (you and I) will be left holding the short end of a very long stick. you can say all you want about this PRES. but you know and can plainly see that our problems lay with the congress. For someone that inherited a sinking ship and two wars He has done a damn good job of saving our carcus's.

80 years we needed a better health care system for all, he got us the best he could do without congressional help and millions are a lot better off for it , Imagine what could have been accomplished if the congress had assisted. your congressman has healthcare why not everyone else?

Worried about terrorist? well you can ask Ben Laden and dozens of other terrorist leaders about that. why couldn't the other people accomplish what he has. Is the economy better and jobs getting better you bet ! I could go on. It isn't perfect but you know darn well it is a long voyage to repair what others have destroyed..............................You need to get off his back!