RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 03:40 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeJr1485
Okay I think I fixed it! not sure if this is how it supposed to be but it works and the rudder is smooth as butter now. Here is the video clip before and then after. This bellows my mind. I am not sure why I just cant hook it up all on the CB200.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PMaMBqxrfU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=net9ZsPwEyE

Edit: Everything is hooked back up an man is it quite. not a buzz or anything. When sticks moved all movement is nice and smooth. Jeti Team Not sure why this happened but not sure if was just the servo that didn't like the CB200 or what but with it plugged into port 1 config to rudder on my R3 primary its works perfect.
If appeared from your second video that you now have the rudder servo directly connected to the R3.
Absolutely DO NOT FLY your airplane with the rudder servo attached directly to the R3. DISCONNECT that servo from the R3 IMMEDIATELY as connecting a high power servo to your R3 WILL DESTROY your CB200. The CB200 Sat and the first EXT port (non servo ports) are only capable of sourcing only 300ma of current and an MKS777 will regularly draw 10 times that much current and will burn out that Sat port the R3 is attached to.

Double check all your receiver settings.

Primary receiver to EX Bus, Fail-Safe Disabled.
Secondary receiver to EX Bus, Fail-Safe disabled.
Get rid of any strange output mapping from your R3s.

Set the CB200 output period to Auto if all servos are digital. Set fail-safe in CB200 ONLY.

Test it again.

What frame rate were you using in the R12/R3 when you tested the MKS with them. Were they set to the default 17ms ? If so, try reconnecting the servo to your R12 and set the R12's output period to Auto. If the servo then goes crazy when conncted to the R12, the servo isn't capable of handling the higher frame rate indicating it's defective. This seems rather unlikely but it's worth testing.

I've used MKS777 with a CB200 without the slightest hint of a problem.

If the servo still operates properly when connected to the R12 with output period set to Auto, does that servo act up in ALL CB200 ports ?
Do whatever trouble shooting you need in order to sort this out but don't fly with a servo connected to a CB200 remote receiver.