RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 05:41 AM
spaceworm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Fart
Lars if the 'd' is so important to see for your mate i'd suggest he re stamps it on the back of the engine if he wants to look at it while the 150 is running.That's where i'd wanna be and it gives you good line of sight to see where the prop has gone.
+1 to that except the first problem is starting the sucker. Hard to start it from behind. I started a friends 150 when they first came out. Double nutted it and tightened both with a 10 inch box wrench. Adjusted it per the guides before starting. His 12 volt e starter on 24 volts would not turn it over (should have tried using a car battery). i put on very heavy leather gloves and flipped that bad boy quickly trying to get out of the prop arc. Was not fast enough!! It backfired, threw the prop 15 feet, after almost taking off my fingers. Found the prop and washer and nuts. Next try was flipping back against compression which worked very well. After a few tanks, could start it with e starter. It was always dangerous, even more so than the FA 180 he had. He sold it soon after.