RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 08:14 AM
flyingagin

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Does a backfire occurs in the exhaust system itself (like maybe the muffler or catalytic converter) or is it in the combustion chamber?
I had a ('70s) toyota station wagon that would spectacular backfires. And even more cool when I learned how to make the happen on command.
The converter clogged up so I punched out all of the catalytic goodies leaving me with just an empty chamber. Also had a issue with the carb the it would dump to much fuel into the engine if you quickly removed your foot from the gas pedal.
I found I could floor the pedal then get off it producing an awesome backfire. At night you could see a ball of fire behind the car.
Fantastic in traffic. If you wanted to merge into the next lane and there was car in the way, Well BABMAMMMM! They would get out of the way real quick. If a car was tail gating, well BABAMMM!!!
Great fun.
Might get you shot or maybe arrested today.

My st 3000 was a scary dude when I first got it. Vicious kickbacks and thrown props. Electric starter, yeah right sherlock. Had to hand flip it. Finally learned to back flip it against compression. Worked a charm.

Ken