RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 04-15-2016, 09:21 AM
tomfiorentino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Donnyman,

I can't remember if I posted in this thread before but I am subscribed to it and have been enjoying the ins and outs of the conversation here. Nice job getting it going, thank you!

Unfortunately some people are misguided by the anonymity of the internet and so, they move away from what ought to be pretty standard social and communication etiquettes. As fast as our electronic world is, some things take a little longer to sort themselves out. I did some quick legwork because I had a minute, and in this case a pattern quickly emerged.

The vast majority of the RCU community is a respectful, thankful and generous bunch. At the same time, every bunch has it's own!

I'm not preaching to you, but don't sweat Nightbreeders response.

On another note...and consistent with this thread...it is going to be 60's, 70's for temperature this weekend and I just might shake off the winter cobwebs and make a few flights. The sights, sounds and smell of the spring air each year bring me back to when I was about 13 years old flying my Falcon 56. I built it by myself using money earned from mowing lawns. It had a Kraft 4 channel in it; OS max engine etc. A buddy of mine from school lived on an open farm about 1/2 mile from my house if I walked through the woods and a couple hay fields. We would talk in school about flying as soon as we got home. Never having a ride anywhere, I only needed to walk to his farm (sometimes holding the Falcon over my head) where I shared his flight box as if it were mine, fuel and all!

He's still one of my dearest friends today even though he has lived in Florida for the last 30 something years and he rarely gets back home to Upstate NY to visit. But, when he does, I pretty much clear my schedule, tune up my fleet of planes and love returning the favor! He can fly whatever he wants as much as he wants...and I act as pit crew fueling things up and checking batteries! The funny thing is he no longer actively flies as his life has taken him to different corners, but he still can fly better than me! Perhaps that isn't saying much!

Tom