RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 12:29 PM
Charley
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acdii
My 100 was like that at first, you tried hand starting it by flipping and it would bite you, I found a tap in reverse was all it took to start it, now I start it with my Estarter adn I dont even know if its running until I pull the starter off as it idles lower than the starter spins. Love that 100.
My FA-1.50, bought new when they first came out, was notorious for throwing props. Even with the conical jam nut that it was equipped with it still loosened up the prop. I could start it OK by flipping it backwards, but if it went lean and detonated in flight we'd be looking for the hardware. I put a CH ignition and a spacer under the jug on it; that calmed it down. Then, since I had ignition on it, I tried burning gasoline in it with the stock carb. A 16:1 gas to oil mix worked well. It was down a few revs and ran hotter but ran OK. Flew it on gas in an Ace 4-120 Bipe all summer. Then, just for grins I went back to 10% alky. Then I took out the shim. Then I went back to glow. It runs great now, still in the bipe. I figure I finally broke it in running it on gas. Funny......

CR