RCU Forums - View Single Post - What's wrong with this motor/esc? Why is it so cheap?
Old 04-17-2016, 01:58 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Blue TSKY T. Rex 120A ESC blues...

Originally Posted by collector1231
That ESC is not gonna handle it! Seriously though, have a fire extinguisher handy just in case.
One down; two to go.

Go figure. The one 120A Tyrannosaurus Rex ESC that I beat on the most, in my Yeti, takes the punishment like a champ. Today, the newest "Blue 120A" (TSKY/T. Rex) ESC that's mounted on my 1/8 buggy finally gave up. Only running 3S packs on the stinkin' thing...literally smells like fireworks! I put the buggy on the ground and off we went for about fifty feet. I went to go check it out; the closer I got, the stronger the burnt smell was. I thought for sure the LiPo was gonna start smokin'.

I took off the body and went in to investigate. I had steering, but no throttle, and the servo was only moving in slow motion. No LED lights come on when trying to re-calibrate ESC, just the fan runs and very low voltage going to the receiver & servo.

I knew the price of these ESCs was too good to be true. Quality control is the first thing that comes to mind.

Just wanted to update anyone who might read this.

I got two more T. Rex ESC spares to try yet. If those don't hold up to 3S abuse, then SkyRC ...you're my brand to try.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	2949
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	2166470  

Last edited by RustyUs; 06-06-2016 at 07:02 AM.