RCU Forums - View Single Post - Greasing Gearboxes
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 10:46 PM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Panther F
Oh good! Time to get crazy with the styrene. I may leave mine with the white stuff too as I am running out of time to stop and cut brass sheeting although I do think this way will increase any gear noise because now it's more of a box by volume than an individual piece over the gearbox.

And Bob is right about wiring hygiene because when I see a wad of wiring going all over the place just waiting to get caught up in the turret mechanism or the gearbox I always ask: "Where's the marinara sauce at?", meaning it looks like a bowl of spaghetti.

Here's my Pershing right before replacing the Tamiya connectors:

Like Bob, I spent many of years in electrical troubleshooting & repair, installing customers sound systems and audio enclosures, replacing dashes in $70,000 BMW's, reupholstering 6 piece Recaro seats, fuse box work as well as A/C system analysis and repair, suspension & steering, alignments and brakes. ALL ASE Certified.

Show us your styrene results!
Jeff
I like how neatly you reduced the size of the speaker Jeff. Did you have that Pershing at Danville the last time you came? I just remember your M4 the best.... Oddball"s Sherman. Too cool.,,,LOL. See it in action here at the begining of this crude video. Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isU_GiH4qFA

A strong mechanical or automotive background is certainly a boost in this hobby.