RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito FG-60R3
Thread: Saito FG-60R3
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 04:23 AM
Timbers
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mdavis28, I'm having the same results that you are. A few posts back I posted that I never got above 305F, but I checked my new logs after some more flying and my cylinder #1 is peaking at about 330F-345F throughout my logs.

I have baffles setup on mine too. Could you post a picture of how you did your baffles?

340F sounds hot to me, but who knows? My plane flys awesome, so if its getting too hot I have no idea.

Have you tried to fly without baffles to see what your temps are? I'm contemplating removing my baffles and doing a flight just to see what the temps are...

Originally Posted by MDavis28
Hi guys! I moved my temp sensor to the back of cylinder 1 to see what temps I get. This was the warmest day I have flown it as of yet. On ground after first start it quickly warmed up to 120*. Normally it takes a min or 2. After 3 min of flight with 50%~75% throttle doing just banked turns and rolls the temps climbed to just over 300*. As I did large loops and Cuban 8's it eventually maxed out at 377* once it hit that I throttled back to 30% and flew a few circuits and set er down. Once bac to the pits it was still around 260*F. So I am going to work on some baffling. But since I have started to work on it I did notice that my no.1 spark plug cap came off rather easy so I decided to bend the middle of the clips inward just slightly. See pic. After doing this it holds on very well.