RCU Forums - View Single Post - Circle the wagons ! It's Senator writing time !!!!
Old 04-20-2016, 05:38 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by radfordc
Of course traditional model aviation is near death! Look around you at the flying field....a bunch of teetering old men on their last breath. Of course their are a few youngsters flying 3D, helicopters, and now "drones", but traditional "airplanes" are passe. The AMA can pass quietly into the night or change to accommodate the world as it is.
Hi radfordrc ,

And with all due respect , I will counter by saying that unless AMA is successful in it's attempts to force membership (the whole "CBO" farce) , It's already dead anyway !

Yes Sir , there are less and less "traditional" flyers (planes , helis , blimps , ect) but the fact sure seems that this new mode of hobby flight don't lend itself to getting folks to want to join clubs ! In my immediate 20 mile area , there are at least 5 operating "traditional" model airplane/heli clubs and that I know of , not ONE new club startup catering to drones ! Any "park flying" i see is always also some grandpa taking the tyke out to see his first RC lessons and like CombatPigg has said in other threads , I NEVER see groups of droners all hanging out at the field . Never ! And you people think these guys are gonna be our AMA's salvation ?

Methinks you've hitched our wagon to a Horse so dead the flies have come & gone ......