RCU Forums - View Single Post - Circle the wagons ! It's Senator writing time !!!!
Old 04-20-2016, 06:01 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by init4fun
Thank You Bill .

And , that increase was with no 1/4 Million Dollar expendature on the ARRL's part .... Gee , I can't wait to see the huge , dare I say gargantuan , rise in our AMA member numbers once all the Drone flyers sign up , attracted by our organization's irresistable marketing campaign !!!!

"What's that ? something about Hell freezing over first ? Naaa , the droners are gonna ride in and rescue our sagging membership numbers any minute now !"

Or Not ..... I can't wait till the 2016 figures are released and some computer savvy guy like Franklin compiles the last 10 years or so into a nice easy to read spreadsheet for even dinosaurs like me to be able to get the gist of . That's where the rubber will really meet the road , if we haven't seen a damned near Meteoric rise in 2016 numbers our point will be proven of the AMA EC abandoning us who've supported it for the past however many years just to court a group of people who would never have joined anyway !

PS , when the peanut gallery posts up some polyanna BS of how much our AMA has grown , let's not forget to factor in all of the FREE memberships due to the "sign up all your children for free to pad the numbers" campaign ! Gee , In SIX MONTHS the FAA got 300 K signups , and our membership stagnates at less than 200K for a decades old organization . Eight YEARS and we rise by 40 K , and the peanut gallery posts that up as some kind of accomplishment ? Yep , great numbers indeed
That free membership was part of the 145,000 members in 2008 as well. 2015 grew (for the most part) because of drones. 2016 will likely grow because of drone racing.