RCU Forums - View Single Post - Circle the wagons ! It's Senator writing time !!!!
Old 04-21-2016, 01:42 PM
RichardGee
My Feedback: (156)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by skylark-flier
So, by your logic, if you drive a Mercedes you are entitled to better insurance than my Ford. Your house is in Dixon CA, mine is in Luray VA - so you're entitled to better insurance, better neighbors, better "whatever" because you live on the left coast? I don't "feel" I'm entitled to the same insurance and benefits - I PAY THE SAME AS YOU DO - - I'D BETTER BE GETTING THE SAME INSURANCE AND BENEFITS!!!!

Sorry, I'm not "the exception" - I think I might actually be more "equal" to you, or anyone else, in what I do.

Your "common sense" is what has led to the general national situation (in whatever sense you wish to refer to it) we're in, and I'm going to actually use one of your "left coast" phrases - I'm offended by your attitude toward your "specialness".
Congrats, Skylark, at being first person in the 6 pages of this forum to express "offense." Your examples are non sequiturs... It's not a matter of driving a Mercedes vs. Ford. It doesn't matter if we BOTH drive YUGO's! All that matters is that I am driving mine on legally sanctioned highways and bi-ways, and you are not. NO insurance company would offer us both the same policy, given such different situations. Further, you may live in a more rural part of the country than do I. I'll bet your car insurance rates are substantially lower than what I pay for the 'privilege' of driving in the congested SF Bay Area... WHY IS THAT? Seems pretty unfair, but that's what insurance actuaries do! Different rates for different situations. And if I am paying MORE than you, shouldn't I be receiving better or more insurance?? By your logic, yes. But again, that isn't the case.
It's clear from your rhetoric you're a conservative talk radio fan... as am I. WE probably have far more in common than you think.... my points remain unswayed by your reasoning and because I consider myself part of the SOLUTION to what ails this limping, over-taxed, over-regulated, politically-corrected republic, I will be voting for TRUMP who is also a "pay as you go" self-made American success.

I want the FAA to get the heck OFF OUR NECKS. Now that the AMA has allowed them jump in our sand box, I see NO WAY to remove the government parasites, but to delineate between what we who fly at sanctioned, private, controlled clubs do... and what everyone else is doing. Sorry.