RCU Forums - View Single Post - What to do with engine... New 1/4 scale piper cub
Old 04-24-2016, 05:33 AM
spaceworm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by raptureboy
Coleman fuel can damage your engine due to the low octane. Regular gas with some fuel additive works fine.
Relevance of octane is highly overrated for the engines we are using. Colemans works fine in my Zenoah, your results may vary. Do a search for it on the net. you will find many satisfied users.
The naysayers likely have not tried it or just like the awful smell of ethanolated gasoline. The better smell of Colemans both raw and burned is the primary reason I use it. Another reason I like Colemans is that it does not go bad. Non-ethanolated gasoline may be available at marinas, and Pure (look it up) gasoline has blends that do not have ethanol. Another option is avgas, that smells good and does not go bad in the tank. It however, does have lead in it. Methanol can be had at speed shops (take your own container) at about $5.00 a gallon. It may also be available at car, cycle and go cart racing tracks. You have choices, it is up to you to do some research and decide. Good luck.