RCU Forums - View Single Post - What to do with engine... New 1/4 scale piper cub
Old 04-24-2016, 06:14 PM
Dan33klein

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the detailed post and all the information. Seeing that engine mounted and ready to
go, I couldn't hold back. I had a gallon of 10% nitro and 16% oil fuel laying around so I filled it up and it started first prop flip with an osF plug. I ran about 3/4 of the gallon through it on the ground per the super Tigre manual. it idles great, transitions great, and runs good at full throttle. Swings a 18-6 wood prop at 7800rpm. Seems pretty good for not being broke in yet. I have the radio system done and it's ready to get in the air. I wanted to maiden it today but it was too windy. Picking up a gallon of 5% nitro 16% oil next week. That will be two full gallons of break it fuel. Then I'm mixing my own. A gallon of off the shelf 15% fuel, add 3 gallons of methanol, add 1 quart of klotz oil. Should leave me with a good blend of fuel. Around 3% nitro and 11% oil. Cost should be around 8.50$ a gallon with free methanol. Will the fuel being this cheap I will run the big cat unless it gives me trouble.
Thanks for everything guys, will report back with results.