RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW Aerobatic Sport Jet "Rebel" from Pirotti Models Italy
Old 04-28-2016, 03:17 AM
Quandry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pictures and detail - happy to assist

My Rebel kit came with a CM jets tank. I like Carlos's stuff, but this tank has the budget fittings and I wanted to have some Intairco bling. I think you can order with the better fittings but I have this one so decided to retrofit...

When I opened out the tank I found that the clunk and lines are already assembled. Neatly done safety wire and tube extension to stop fold back, however I found it looked a little long to my eye. I'll rework it when I finish assembling the tank and will also change over to a felt clunk.

I really like these Intairco fittings they have a very 'tight and light' feel to them and going festo everywhere makes assembly/disassembly a breeze.

I trim down the vent fitting to minimise any trapped air when filling, and also scuff up the areas that the Hysol will stick to

I needed to do a very minor grind to get the fittings to fit, but kept it pretty tight ensuring to lap some hysol around the hole before pushing home the fittings. This gives a nice sealing bead effect on the inside and outside, once this is fully cured nothing is pulling those fittings out of there bar a dremel. Normally I would put my tank vent at the back of the jet to ensure there's no siphoning effect on the ground when tipping the jet tail up, however there's no room for the vent at the back when the tank is in the Rebel so I'll just route the vent back over the tank and down - should do the same job.

So the tank fittings are drying in place and I've a few more little bits arrived in the post, this time it's connectors and pins from UK Jet Shop - those guys ship FAST!!

I have a little ways off tackling any wire crimping yet though, so in the interim I'm eyeing up a Dremel tile cutting disc. I'm planning on going with sequenced nose retract doors and I want the tolerances to be tight and this is the thinnest disc I can find.

I'm also on the lookout for a hole saw to cut out the wheel well openings, not 100% sure what I will use here as standard wood hole saws look way to aggressive for the wing surface. Will see what I can find but if anyone has any suggestions let me know!