RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 01:52 PM
spaceworm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blw
My dad had a Crosley and I think it was this model. I was real young then and I don't remember it ever running. There were so many cars in and out of our house every week but the Crosley was always parked out back. I have a plastic AM tube radio that is a Crosley by the same company and in about the same condition as this pic.

My uncle had a new Crosley; it replaced a Bantam. I remember riding in both, especially one time when the Bantam quit running. The same uncle got a Bantam roadster a few years ago and completely restored it.

My first boss after college was an electrical engineer that had worked for Crosley before he opened his own engineering firm. His job at Crosley was to take a working radio design and start removing parts until it did not work anymore, he then put the last part removed back in to get it to work again. He would then do the same with the next stage or circuit until it also quit working. The resulting minimal part design would work, but it had no redundancy, and was not very reliable.