RCU Forums - View Single Post - Don Smith Cessna T-50
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 11:49 AM
rhsmrt50

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

"Hello Chic".......good to hear from you, wow!......it's been a while...........I will be glad too.........I've got the molds together, found the resin, not sure if the shelf life has expired, but will test before using.........need to set up my casting table and the scale and all of the other equipment before casting.........The resin only has a 90 second working time, so, every thing has to ready at the time of the pouring.......what I hate about this product is that once you combine the two parts it takes about 30 seconds to totally blend it, which only gives me 60 seconds to pour it............so, that means that I can cast only two cylinders at a time......or two crankcases , or two gear cases.........I could use one of their other resins called Clear Water.......which is clear........but, it takes about 15 min to cure which is too long...........especially if you have only two cylinder molds and you need to cast seven per engine.........What I really need to do is make five more molds of the cylinders and use the clearwater........then, the 15 min time to cure will be just right..........otherwise, it will be a slow process............in fact, that's what I will do!!!...........that way if I have other request I can speed up the process..........sound good to you?.......................Rich.