RCU Forums - View Single Post - Don Smith Cessna T-50
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 04:30 PM
rhsmrt50

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Jeff!........you guys inspire me to keep on sharing what i have learned about this wonderful aircraft!!!........it is one of the forgotten classic wood and fabric airplanes built in WW-2........in fact, at that time it was the largest wood and fabric covered plane of that size built for the military......with two engines and a 42 foot cantilever wing........."all wood"........can you imagine that?......enough of history for now.
Back to the subject of engine casting..........Chic, you need two engines..........and Jeff, you need two engines and extra parts as back-ups.........right?...........here's my plan to get started.........I will start casting with the two molds that I made for my engine using the opaque resin......in the mean time, I will cast 5 more molds of the cylinders from the original blank that I used to build the two molds that i used for my two engines........also the engines for Murphy's "SONG BIRD".........also....Dash7ATP from the Waco Brotherhood.......a good friend and a contributor to this thread.........thanks Joe for your input.......so, stay tuned while I get my act together again, it's been a while, and we have a lot of ground to cover............so, guys, I have my work cut out for me!.........let the fun begin...........Rich.