RCU Forums - View Single Post - Don Smith Cessna T-50
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 06:12 PM
rhsmrt50

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

.........Guess what Chic..........last year, one day after my birthday, Sept 17th, while testing a OS 60 on the a Vought F4U........it got away from me and almost severed my right thumb.........lucky the prop was made of wood and shattered........if it had been carbon fiber........I would have lost the thumb..........it severed all of the tendons, blood veins, and worst of all, the nerves........with surgery they restored all but the nerves, which leaves me with a partly num thumb........makes it very difficult to work with very small parts........so, I have been training my left hand to take over that task.........and seems to be coming along at a slow pace.......thanks for that information Chic, we all have a story that brings us closer together as a family of model builders.........I mean "REAL" model builders.........there is not many of us left...........it is now buy and fly........the ARF, the Drone or what ever they coin it these days..........I even find it difficult to buy building material from my favorite hobby shop....there is no demand for the raw materials that we need to scratch build........very sad I must say...........Sorry, i did not mean to get on my soap box..........Rich.