RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 12:56 PM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pete- I have no idea where the pic came from except a Google search. I have some nice art deco radios here. I guess I have 60+ from the period and some have been restored. They are all over the house as my wife likes the look too. I have a couple of 'morale' radios from the early '40s. They were built cheap enough for soldiers to buy them during the war, thus improving morale as they had no news.

I found a Sig Sky Ranger yesterday that I had built for the school where I taught r/c building and flying for a few years. This was to be a demo model so I put my best into the model but made to changes to the design. It's like the new Sig 4*20 by being mostly for electric and built way too lightly. The good news is that I have a new model 95% built but too light for glow. At least I had the motor, ESC, and all the other stuff ordered and it's here. I don't think I'll have to pay for anything except a replacement main gear. The wire ones with the kit are too flimsy. If I had an old FA-30 that ran sweet and smooth I may try it but I'm don't complete trust it to survive vibrations from glow. Grrrrr.