RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite '.60 size' P-51D Mustang ARF: Building & Modifications
Old 05-02-2016, 08:13 AM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Aloha Gentlemen,
I managed to disassemble all of the carburetor and blow it clean. I removed the four screws, remove the valve inside & the diaphragm pump rubber, and blew everything clean. I then reassembled the carb...re-installing the small spring, valve pin and screwed it down snug. I did blow air through all the open holes and after assembled made sure the valve, diaphragm worked properly. In other words...that little spring, valve and pin...well...that was kind of interesting to assemble...but all went back as it was removed. I then used a thin layer of Luberplate (white grease) and coated all my gaskets. I snugged down the two holding screws and installed the carburetor on to the engine. My engine had a double valve assemble that seemed to work ok too and that finished the cleaning. I then installed the engine back into the model...and she is all ready to run.

I've done just about as much as I can to clean this carb and fix any issues I may have had. I set the carb needle valves per manual, at 1-1/2 turns out...both slow speed and high speed needles. I will be test running the engine this afternoon. Right now its raining...so I'll wait a bit.

If anyone can think of anything else I can do to this carb...let me know, but for now, I'm ready to run the engine and see what I get.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui